A Response to Romney

Posted by: Daniel

A Response to Romney - 02/08/08 07:03 PM

There is a bright side to Mitt Romney's departure from the presidential race: with the withdrawal of Mr. "I want to double the size of Guantanamo," that facility should finally be closed. McCain said he'd close it, and either of the Democratic candidates should do so too. At least this particular blight on what should be our nation's values will finally be at an end.

But his vitriolic farewell speech, vilifying those who merely disagree with him and asserting a false war on religion among many other topics, deserves some appropriate response. I think Jon Stewart may have put it best in last night's Daily Show segment. At 4:12, he was practically reading my mind.
Posted by: Mike Rawdon

Re: A Response to Romney - 02/08/08 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Daniel

But his vitriolic farewell speech, vilifying those who merely disagree with him and asserting a false war on religion among many other topics, deserves some appropriate response.

Man, that was some load of left wing rhetoric he had there. Scary...I'm glad he's out of the picture. For a while.
Posted by: oenophore

Re: A Response to Romney - 02/08/08 10:49 PM

Well, I might as well trigger the speculation; who shall be McCain's running mate?
Posted by: RAF

Re: A Response to Romney - 02/08/08 10:58 PM

Not Huckabee (that's delusional) or Mitt; prob. Lindsey Graham is my guess for veep.

I feel McCain is quite conservative, and if true conservatives think he's too liberal, yikes. I imagine Mitt and a lot of "true" conservatives are wishing McCain ill health in the near future.
Posted by: acdnyc

Re: A Response to Romney - 02/13/08 07:56 PM

Colin Powell, imagine that.

Re: A Response to Romney - 02/21/08 12:17 AM

I feel McCain is quite conservative, and if true conservatives think he's too liberal, yikes. I imagine Mitt and a lot of "true" conservatives are wishing McCain ill health in the near future.

Re: A Response to Romney - 03/06/08 12:13 PM

Posted by: billythemountain

Re: A Response to Romney - 03/08/08 02:23 AM

I am personally against romney I think its overly bolted pile of scwagg