4" at Alta

Posted by: andrew

4" at Alta - 09/21/04 04:29 PM

Alta has 4" of snow now. I'm grabbing my skis and heading up this afternoon to try to get some desperation rock skiing in. The season is starting!

Re: 4" at Alta - 10/20/04 02:33 PM

26" at alta and coming down hard!
Posted by: CrackBoy

Re: 4" at Alta - 10/20/04 05:07 PM

yea they are already talking about opening some of the resorts at North Tahoe already, Donner Summit got over a foot last night and i think its still going.

its killing the climbing season though
Posted by: zachres

Re: 4" at Alta - 10/20/04 07:04 PM

Pukin' in Tahoe!

Yippee!

too bad I broke my wrist, last weekend, though
Posted by: KAYLA

Re: 4" at Alta - 10/20/04 09:50 PM

all you guy's out west can keep your Oct snows. It's called shooting your wad early.
i am just jealous

Re: 4" at Alta - 10/20/04 10:36 PM

i went to alta and skiied today - booted up a ways. not the best and it needs to get colder. this weekend i will boot all the way up to 11000' and get some better snow up there.

Best October in Utah history? - 11/01/04 03:36 AM

I was in the Big Cottonwood backcountry all weekend(not telling where) and had nothing but face shots in deep untracked powder. Oh my god is it epic in the Wasatch right now. 8-10 feet of snow in the high elevations and it is still coming down hard, and 6-8" in my yard in salt lake city. brighton is open already, snowbird is opening next weekend, and the others can't be far behind.
Posted by: Chooch

Re: Best October in Utah history? - 11/01/04 03:49 AM

Drool.
Posted by: crackers

Re: Best October in Utah history? - 11/01/04 07:00 AM

god damn i am jealous.

its about 75 degrees here. Sunny.

Posted by: Smike

Re: Best October in Utah history? - 11/01/04 03:26 PM

slobber ...slobber...drool....drool..

Its got to be one of the best reasons for livin in the west.....big dumps of snow...soooo early in the season.
Posted by: GOclimb

Re: 4" at Alta - 11/09/04 09:24 PM

You can keep y'r damn snow! Tried to hike up Mount Moosilauke (sp?) in NH with my gf last weekend. Was ~ 2 feet of snow up there - sucks! I am so not ready for fall to end.

GO

Re: 4" at Alta - 11/09/04 10:54 PM

we've got warmer drier weather now. wishing we had fresh snow, but the resorts still have 60"+ bases so anything groomed is pretty good. actually kinda works out well - went rock climbing in BCC in a tshirt on saturday, and then skiied in BCC at brighton on sunday.
Posted by: crackers

Re: Climbing and Skiing on the same day. - 11/10/04 07:09 AM

i hate you.
Posted by: zachres

Re: Climbing and Skiing on the same day. - 11/10/04 08:08 PM

Tahoe is going off!!

I was up at Carson Pass, all weekend (Round Top, Saturday and Red Lake Peak, Sunday). There's at least a 4' base, evenin wind swept areas, and the snow is similar to early spring conditions.

Poached the Chutes at Mt. Rose last week, and I'm heading for Waterhouse Peak for a little dawn-patrol, tomorrow.

Zach
Posted by: CrackBoy

Re: Climbing and Skiing on the same day. - 11/12/04 08:37 PM

was down in South tahoe yesterday and we had like 3" inches of wet powder while we were there.. it was some sweet conditions though i probably should have worn my goretex

Re: Climbing and Skiing on the same day. - 11/14/04 03:16 AM

i just made an offer on a house a mile from big cottonwood and a mile and a half from little cottonwood canyon. yeehaw.

going to ski more groomers tomorrow. it needs to snow again! this 60" base just isn't enough for me. i need powder.