Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration

Posted by: webmaster

Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 06/20/07 04:34 PM

The benefit for local Tom Spiegler is taking place on Saturday, August 11th. It's a 9 hole golf tourney with LOTS of prizes from local businesses & climbing gear manufacturers.

Registration for the event is NOW OPEN.

If you're interested in participating or donating, please see the attached form:

registration pdf
Posted by: Aya

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 06/21/07 12:23 AM

Would it be possible to get more specific info about the event? For example, will it be possible for people who do not have a team of four to play to still register if partners can be found for them? Will it be possible for non-golfers to go to the barbeque?
Posted by: Dillbag

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 06/21/07 01:08 AM

Aya...

Not sure about the team deal... But, I bet if you needed to put a team together you could use the Partner Database OR... Just post up something here!

As far as the non-golfers at the BBQ, well... The answer should be Yes! But, we'll have to see what RR says about that ;\)

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 06/21/07 02:21 AM

Well, yes, it should be - the point of a benefit is to make money so I assume that paying guests would be welcome unless there are space constraints - but I figured it wasn't clear, so I'd ask. If there are so many prizes from local sponsers and gear companies, would it, for example, make sense to have a raffle at the bbq (which would attract non-golfers as well), since I figure the golfers are going to play golf whether they are in it for prizes or not? (well, I would - I stink! :))

I also don't know that I need to put a team together, but again, figured I'd ask since I'm sure there must be someone else out there wondering.
Posted by: RangerRob

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 06/23/07 01:22 AM

The way it is set up right now we need to have a team of four before we can register the team, so we can't gaurantee that if you come individually that you will be able to play. However I can do this, anyone without a partner can PM me and I will try to hook partners up wuth each other. As far as the non players paying to come to the barbecue and raffle, I think it is a great idea, but it is a scheduling problem with the resort catering service who is handling the barbecue. I will have to run it by the organizers and see if we can work something out. More people buying in to the raffle will generate more money for the benefit, which is what we want. Stay tuned.

RR

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 06/23/07 02:48 AM

Cool. As it stands, I probably will not be able to come to golf, but would definitely come later for a bbq and/or raffle. I am sure I am not the only one.
Posted by: Smike

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 06/26/07 12:56 PM

I need a partner and yes I suck, buuuuut I can hit a ball straight (just not far sometimes)

Hey Aya, Joe is coming down right? Who is he playing with?

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 06/26/07 02:21 PM

No, he's not. He's planning on going out west somewhere the first couple of weeks in August. We did have a team, but since half of it's going out west, and since I now probably can't get the day off from work anyway, no golf!

I did just buy golf shoes yesterday though.
Posted by: learningtolead

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 06/26/07 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Smike
I need a partner and yes I suck, buuuuut I can hit a ball straight (just not far sometimes)

Hey Aya, Joe is coming down right? Who is he playing with?

If you hit a golf ball as well as you throw a horseshoe, god help whomever picks you up for their team...

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 07/19/07 07:58 PM

Bump

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 07/19/07 08:45 PM

Look everyone... RR learned a bit of netspeak!

He's one step closer to a cell phone!

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 07/19/07 10:57 PM

Throw horseshoes? I didn't even get to PLAY in EITHER round this year because SOMEONE forgot to put me into the bracket TWICE!

Did I play last year? I don't remember. I was too drunk.

Golf is where it's at.

Still no word on whether non-golfers can attend the bbq? I'd like to as I'm working too late to golf.

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 08/08/07 09:53 AM

So, I guess the bbq's golfer's only, since the event's this weekend and I haven't heard otherwise?
It's a little late for me to figure out logistics of getting there and back for work on Sunday, anyway, at this point, I guess.

\:\(

POSTPONED Spiegler Golf Benefit - 08/08/07 01:23 PM

***Please Note***

The event has been postponed. Rob has more information, I'm not sure if he forgot to post before taking off to fight fires out west. Once I get the new date I will post it, I think its the weekend of the Film fest (That Sat) but will confirm.

Re: POSTPONED Spiegler Golf Benefit - 08/08/07 03:24 PM

The tournament has been postponed until October. A new date will be announced when we confirm with the golf course. Now all you people who were away can play! Check back in for details.

RR

Re: POSTPONED Spiegler Golf Benefit - 10/05/07 02:47 PM

How many teams are there so far?

Re: POSTPONED Spiegler Golf Benefit - 10/05/07 03:41 PM

9 or 10 so far. Still space for more!

Re: POSTPONED Spiegler Golf Benefit - 10/05/07 03:56 PM

What is the max?

Are you going to be soliciting people at the "Film Fest"?
Posted by: learningtolead

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 10/15/07 11:29 AM

The golf tournament was so much fun! Tom and his family were so sweet, golfing was a blast and the bbq was a great finish. Thanks to RR and the others who put it on. We should all do it again next year.

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 10/15/07 01:18 PM

It sure was, everything worked out great, and we must do it again next year. Thanks to Rob and of course his wife Samantha for all the great food and others. Really nice to meet Tom and his family (Really great family, and they where extremely grateful at all the effort put fourth.)

I would also like to thank the following:

My buddy Scott and LearningtoLead for totally carrying our team
Dillbag for landing on right on the green for the only birdie
Mike Rawdon for almost whacking us with his ball
And Eddie for picking out all the other raffle tickets out his bowl except mine so I could win his photo.
Posted by: Mike Rawdon

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 10/15/07 05:11 PM

...I need to find me some real golf-playing partners next year...

I will add my thanks and congrats to Rob for putting this together. It was great! Winning that single gyro in the raffle made the whole $140+ worth it. ;\)

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 10/16/07 03:23 AM

Mike, enjoy that gyro sandwich man.....that was the best prize of the day!
Posted by: JenRed

Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration - 09/16/08 02:34 PM

Hey RR planning on doing anything this year??