Roger's Campground (NRG) Closed

Posted by: Arms

Roger's Campground (NRG) Closed - 12/05/12 06:41 PM

It looks like Roger's campground is closed for good. I'm so bummed. Lot of good memories from there.

Apparently he's retiring. Don't know the details.
Posted by: RangerRob

Re: Roger's Campground (NRG) Closed - 12/14/12 03:23 PM

He closed last year from what he told us when we were there in October last year.

Update - 12/17/12 04:43 PM

I talked to Roger Saturday. He is retired from the camping business. It is unlikely the place will ever reopen as a campground. The New just won't be the same without Roger's.

Also, Cathedral cafe is open but for sale and Pies and Pints has been replaced by an expensive sandwich shop.
Posted by: Lucander

Re: Update - 12/19/12 01:47 PM

The Pies & Pints website is still up, it mentions nothing of this nefarious rumor.

Re: Update - 12/19/12 05:27 PM

I ate there, now "The Secret Sandwich Society", Sunday. So, unless they changed locations, this is not a rumor.
Posted by: retroscree

Re: Update - 12/19/12 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Lucander
The Pies & Pints website is still up, it mentions nothing of this nefarious rumor.

Because all web sites are always kept up to date minute by minute. Especially those for a business that is closing/closed.
Posted by: Lucander

Re: Update - 12/21/12 07:59 PM

I called Pies and Pints, they are still open in Fayetteville but in a new location across from Family Dollar on West Maple. Snopes ought to hire me.

The restaurant is franchising - I hope they don't open in New Paltz because that would make me never travel to climb.

D. L.
Posted by: RangerRob

Re: Update - 01/03/13 02:22 PM

Good to hear Pies and Pints is still in town down there. That is half the reason I go there to climb. Roger was 45%, which only left 5% for the actual climbing. Oh wait, I forgot drinking....damn my math isn't adding up.
Posted by: Smike

Re: Update - 01/11/13 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Arms
I ate there, now "The Secret Sandwich Society", Sunday. So, unless they changed locations, this is not a rumor.

I can see how that mistake is made, they just moved.... um... 5 years ago smirk

I hope they do not open anywhere near here... removing the 8hr drive will hit the wallet and waistline hard..