How's this for karma?

Posted by: oenophore

How's this for karma? - 09/25/12 10:59 PM

Pakistani protester dies from breathing smoke of burning US flags

A protester in Lahore, Pakistan has died after inhaling the fumes from the American flags he burned on Sunday. Abdullah Ismail was part of a demonstration protesting the Islam-trolling film "The Innocence of Muslims" in front of the U.S. Embassy. According to his fellow protesters, Ismail "complained of feeling unwell from [breathing] the smoke" of the burning American flags and was transported to Lahore's Mayo Hospital where he later died. More than 10,000 people filled the streets to protest the film and its blasphemy, blocking traffic for over six hours
Posted by: Mike Rawdon

Re: How's this for karma? - 09/25/12 11:42 PM

Must be all the toxins in that Chinese fabric dye.
Posted by: AOR

Re: How's this for karma? - 09/25/12 11:45 PM

I wonder if official apologies will be issued...

Re: How's this for karma? - 09/26/12 09:43 AM

No one noted the error in the news story. Islamabad, not Lahore, is Pakistan's capitol. The US building is therefore a consulate, not an embassy.
Posted by: Mim

Re: How's this for karma? - 09/26/12 02:53 PM

Reminded me of this other "bad karma" story...
Posted by: mworking

Re: How's this for karma? - 09/26/12 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: AOR

Does it matter here in the US? Like all the other claimed (you seem to be reffering to) appolgies Fox et al will report it and harp on it. Fact is none of the ones I have heard of were ever made, and I've heard if quit a few.
Posted by: crimpy

Re: How's this for karma? - 09/26/12 05:45 PM

i googled around to find that muslims dont believe in karma. the closest thing is jihad.

Re: How's this for karma? - 09/26/12 08:35 PM

Good parallel, Mim.

Re: How's this for karma? - 09/26/12 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: crimpy
i googled around to find that muslims dont believe in karma. the closest thing is jihad.
Look up jihad.

Re: How's this for karma? - 09/26/12 09:31 PM

Whatever. Over there they probably believe it's due to our toxicity. Perhaps we could intentionaly distribute flags like this!

Re: How's this for karma? - 09/26/12 09:38 PM

Whatever. Over there they probably believe it's due to our toxicity. Perhaps we could intentionaly distribute flags like this!

Oh wait! Someone already did that!
Posted by: crimpy

Re: How's this for karma? - 09/27/12 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: oenophore
Originally Posted By: crimpy
Look up jihad.

he loves me not...
Posted by: AOR

Re: How's this for karma? - 09/27/12 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: mworking
Originally Posted By: AOR

Does it matter here in the US? Like all the other claimed (you seem to be reffering to) appolgies Fox et al will report it and harp on it. Fact is none of the ones I have heard of were ever made, and I've heard if quit a few.

Gosh, that was so easy!!! laugh
Posted by: RangerRob

Re: How's this for karma? - 10/23/12 11:53 PM

I was hiking the other week and ran into a woman with a dog named Karma, which I thought was awesome! When the dog shits in the house she can say..."BAD KARMA!"

Re: How's this for karma? - 10/24/12 09:08 PM

With that dog on top of a new car, the owner might say to his/her mother, "look at my car ma."